Diva of Solway

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

on the Hamster Wheel

Today went well. I got good serious attention from a legendary musical director today (MD on many many original Bwy shows). I don't mean praise, I mean that discerning one eyed look while the other eye scans your resume, and asks for more selections from your "book". The pursed lips, the curt nod. This means soooo much more than the "that was great, thank you" type comment. And then someone else told me I was put in the "glamourous" pile. I can still pull off glamourous? woah. I thought I was starting to head toward the "bag lady character" pile. Then I came home to find this article. Sums up the situation quite nicely.

The Empty Spaces
Or, How Theater Failed America
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=503829

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Aug 01, 07:12:00 PM 2008, Blogger Lisa said…

    I think you are hilarious, and have always known how glamorous you are. How come you haven't posted since Feb??!! Shame, shame.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home